Posts Tagged ‘Health Facts’

Oxygen BAr Therapy Special Events

What Are the Risks of Oxygen Therapy?

Oxygen by itself is dry and treatments in excess of 4 hours can dry ones lungs.  Most oxygen party bars humidify the oxygen by using aroma scented humidifiers when dispensing the oxygen.

 Oxygen at very high levels and over a long period of time can be toxic and very harmful to one’s health.  If one was to receive high levels of oxygen on a daily basis, ones lungs will adjust to the higher oxygen content and one can find themselves short of breath when they are don’t have oxygen.  This is similar to traveling to a higher elevation where a normal person will easily get winded until their lungs adjust to the lower oxygen levels.  For this reason we do not recommend daily use of recreational oxygen greater than 20 minutes a day. 

The reverse of this effect is why athletes train at high altitude and then compete at lower elevations when possible.  Some athletes sleep in an oxygen deprivation tents to increase the capacity of their lungs.  Their increased lung capacity enables them to absorb oxygen faster while competing and provide them with a competitive edge.

Some people are suffering from COPD and can easily become dependent upon excessive oxygen and lose their natural tendency to exhale their exhaust gases.  These people are generally on controlled medical oxygen and under a doctor’s care and they are aware of their delicate situation.  Ten minutes of recreational oxygen will probably not have much of an effect on them.

Mobile Oxygen Bar

What does Oxygen do for us?

Nearly all Life is based on five basic elements — Oxygen, Nitrogen, Sulfur, Hydrogen and Carbon. The air we normally breathe today consists of approximately 21% oxygen, as well as, Nitrogen, Argon and other trace gasses. Unfortunately, our Earth’s atmosphere is changing due to pollution, burning of fossil fuels and overall destruction of the ozone layer. Based on ice-core samples and old amber samples, scientists believe that our atmosphere has changed from nearly 40% oxygen to today’s 19% to 21% Oxygen levels. Higher blood oxygen levels are believed to help us in many ways.  Buy a package now.

Oxygen enables our cells to regenerate, rebuild, and metabolize our food and water supply into energy (a car uses oxygen in a similar way). Every day we breathe 20,000 times and our blood carries the oxygen that fuels our body to produce energy and clean out waste and toxins. Oxygen makes up approximately 90% each water molecule in our body. And, water accounts for nearly 65-75% our body’s mass. Interestingly, our brain makes up only 2% of our total mass; however, it utilizes 20% of the body’s oxygen consumption. As we get older, our lung’s capacity to hold air volume is reduced.

Oxygen is clearly one of the most important elements for good health because it’s our primary source of energy. For example, try to hold your breath…eventually you will need to breath. It is estimated that approximately 85% to 90% of our energy comes from oxygen, while the remaining 10% to 15% comes from food and water. For this reason, you can live without food and water for much longer in duration than you can hold your breath!